“With a majority of Philippines’ workforce leading largely sedentary lifestyles, our mission as a global nutrition company is to help people in the Philippines take practical steps towards leading healthy, active lives. By inculcating positive nutrition and active lifestyle habits to people in the Philippines, we hope that this will, over time, help reduce obesity risks and lead to positive improvements to the well-being of our people,” said Mr. Rosalio Valenzuela, General Manager of Herbalife Philippines.
- Dr. David Heber, chairman of the Herbalife Nutrition Institute and Nutrition Advisory Board. A leading expert in the field of nutrition, named as one of “The World’s Most Influential Scientific Minds” by Thomson Reuters in 2014 and repeatedly included in “The Best Doctors in America”.
- Dr. Chin-Kun Wang, an Expert in Metabolism and Nutrition, with a focus on the clinical evaluation of nutritional supplements, nutraceuticals, functional foods and herbs. He was awarded the National Award of Biomedicine in Taiwan in 2008 for his contribution to medical education.
- Dr. Julian Alvarez Garcia, a Specialist in Sports Medicine and Sports Physiology who has advised professional teams, national teams and individual athletes on a range of disciplines including weightlifting, triathlons, mountain biking, football and basketball.
- Dr. Darren Burgess, an Expert in Sports Science and Nutrition who has authored papers in multiple peer review journals. He is also the current Head of High Performance at Port Adelaide Football (AFL) Club, and the former Head of Fitness and Conditioning at Liverpool Football Club.
- Dr. Nataniel Viuniski, an Expert in Pediatrics and Nutrition who has authored “Childhood Obesity – A Practical Guide”. He is also currently an advisor to Brazil's Health and Education Ministry for Childhood Obesity.
- Dr. Francis Gregory Samonte, one of the Philippines’ Premier Experts in Pediatric Neurology, and the first Filipino appointed to the NAB. He was a recipient of the Chairman’s Achievement Award from the University of Louisville, Kentucky’s Department of Pediatrics.
“With each new edition of the Wellness Tour, we are seeing an increasing number of people gain practical knowledge to lead better lives. We hope that that this year’s Tour will further empower people to take charge of their nutritional intake and exercise regimen, so that they can enjoy the full benefits of a healthy, active life,” Mr. Valenzuela concluded.